Dark Chocolate Chip CookieYield: 6 to 10 servings
Ingredients1 cup sugar (220 g)
1/3 cup (75 g) butter, softened
1 large egg
½ cup (55 g) all-purpose flour (- perhaps a little more)
½ cup (50 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 oz (170 g) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 deg F (190 deg C).
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter with sugar, add the egg and mix for one minute.
- Add vanilla, baking soda, flour and cocoa and mix well.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Drop by rounded large tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake the chocolate chip cookies for 8 to 12 minutes. Always try first with 1-2 cookies to check whether the dough is OK. You might need to add a little more flour.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for a few minutes, then move the cookies to a wire rack.
The best result is obtained if you use chocolate chips made especially for baking. You may also cut chocolate bars into small chips, but these will melt during baking (as on the photo above).