Chocolate Chip CookieOur modification of a recipe published in NY Times.
Ingredients½ cup (110 g) light brown sugar
½ cup plus 1 tablespoon (120 g) sugar
1 large egg
1+¾ cups (220 g) flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1+¼ sticks (140 g) butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 oz (170 g)semisweet chocolate chips
- Cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy using an electric mixer.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add baking soda, baking powder, salt, sifted cocoa powder, and sifted flour and mix well.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Place the cookie dough in the refrigerator until next day.
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F (180 deg C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- Drop by rounded large spoonfuls of dough (as big as golf balls) onto the cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
- Bake the chocolate chip cookies until light brown but still soft, about 15 to 20 minutes. Always try with a few cookies to check whether the dough is OK.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for a few minutes, then move the cookies to a wire rack.